survey party chief
L.I. Smith & Associates, Inc. (LIS) is a full-service, integrative engineering and surveying company that provides services to the public and private sectors. We are headquartered in Paris, TN, with branches located in Portland and Nashville.
This position is available at our Washington, D.C. Nashville, Tenn. locations.
The Survey Party Chief must be able to excel as both a Asti leader of a survey crew and individually as a one-man survey crew. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of current survey technology, such as Robotic Total Stations and Trimble Business Center, and be eager to adapt to new industry technologies as they develop.
This position will require spending the majority of the day working outdoors. The ideal candidates must be physically able to navigate all landscapes and weather conditions. The ideal candidate must be willing to travel. Some overnight stay will be required. The ideal candidate should have a minimum two years of experience in construction layout.
We are offering a $2,000 signing bonus.
$26.00 – $36.00 per hour
- All phases of field work including, but not limited to boundary, ALTA, topographic, and construction surveys
- Review and understand construction plans and documents
- Field calculations and sketching
- Supervision of survey crew
- Perform office functions including computations, reduction of field notes, filing, and retrieving prints
- High School Diploma
- Two years of Surveying experience
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Desire to grow professionally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be physically able to work outdoors in all terrain and weather conditions
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- S.I.T or RLS License
- Bachelor of Science in Surveying or Survey related field
- Experience working with Trimble Business Center
- Experience with Trimble Robotic Total Stations
To apply, email your contact information and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job title you’re applying for in the email subject line.