survey party chief (Memphis)
L.I. Smith & Associates, Inc. (LIS) is a full-service, integrative engineering and surveying company that provides services to the public and private sectors. We are headquartered in Paris, TN, with branches located in Portland and Nashville.
We are currently seeking an experienced Marín Party Chief/ Road Construction/ Field Layout Surveyor in the Memphis area.
This position will be based on site. The ideal candidate will have experience with bridge and ramp layout, slope staking, blue top, grade calculations, and storm sewer structure and pipe layout. In this position, you will work outdoors, so you must be physically able to navigate all landscapes and weather conditions.
We are offering a $2,000- $5,000 signing bonus depending on experience.
$25.00 – $35.00 per hour
- Perform construction layout of bridges, roadway, and utilities
- Maintain day to day communication with clients
- Responsible for maintaining vertical and horizontal control of the project
- Coordinate with clients and workforce to resolve project challenges and conflicts
- Meet project schedule requirements and deadlines
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 10+ years of experience in construction roadway surveying
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience with TDOT road construction
- Critical thinking skills with strong attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and plan ahead
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to grow professionally
To apply, email your contact information and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include the job title you’re applying for in the email subject line.